(Anglican Ink) Fort Worth 7 indicted on charges of failure to inform on other bishops
The episcopal defendants in the Fort Worth 7 case have been charged with fraud, financial misconduct and failing to inform on their fellow bishops who held opinions on church order contrary to those advocated by Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori.
In an email dated 2 Oct 2012 seen by Anglican Ink the Fort Worth 7 were informed of the specific canonical violations they had committed by filing an amicus brief in the Fort Worth case before the Texas Supreme Court.
Read it all
Filed under: * Anglican - Episcopal
Episcopal Church (TEC)
TEC Polity & Canons
Ethics / Moral Theology
Posted November 14, 2012 at 5:45 am
To comment on this article: Go to Article View
The URL for this article is http://www.kendallharmon.net/t19/index.php/t19/article/46050/
1. dwstroudmd+ wrote:
Josef is no doubt proud!
November 14, 9:23 am | [comment link]
2. Katherine wrote:
According to the article, the person whom Matthews identifies as a complainant has denied filing such a complaint. But the whole process is rigged anyhow. Jefferts Schori will sit in judgment on whether bishops have disagreed with her.
The only way bishops who disagree with 815 on any matter can stay in TEC is to keep quiet and say nothing. Even then, failure to implement national new policies, say, same-sex blessings, will become an offense for which they will be removed under the same rigged procedures.
November 14, 9:51 am | [comment link]
3. Jill Woodliff wrote:
This is not an indictment of the nine named bishops. It is an indictment of the new Title IV.
November 14, 10:52 am | [comment link]
4. Cennydd13 wrote:
Jill, it’s much more than that; it’s an indictment of the Episcopal Church’s leaders and their friends. It’s an indictment of those who simply “go along to get along.”
November 14, 11:00 am | [comment link]
5. Paula Loughlin wrote:
What a despicable Harpy that woman is.
November 14, 12:40 pm | [comment link]
6. BlueOntario wrote:
“Inmates running the asylum” is the nicest metaphor I can come up with.
November 14, 1:48 pm | [comment link]
7. Cennydd13 wrote:
Unfortunately, some of the loonies escaped, and now they’re in the courts and persecuting everyone who isn’t as loony as they are.
November 14, 3:07 pm | [comment link]
8. MichaelA wrote:
I am sure that the bishops of ACNA are in prayer and support for these bishops who have to endure the rage and fulminations of godless church leaders. But really, they must also be laughing in disbelief at how the leadership of TEC is playing right into their hands.
1. Bringing charges against +McPherson – are these people mad? So far as I am aware, he is well thought of in Dio Western Louisiana. How precisely do the morons at 815 think that this action is going to assist their popularity with the 40-50 parishes of that diocese? ACNA only has 3 parishes in W. Louisiana, and less than ten in the whole state, but it soon could have a lot more.
2. Retired +Howe – it will be obvious to even the most insular Anglicans in Dio. Central Florida that it is only a matter of time before 815 indicts +Brewer as well, for signing the Indianopolis Statement. So a large number of parishes, church officials and one or two bishops are going to be preparing for that day.
3. Then there is +Love. So far as I am aware, ACNA does not have any congregations in the Albany area. I am guessing that the reason for that is the way TEC bishops Herzog and Love have maintained orthodoxy in Dio Albany, so that orthodox congregations have had no need to leave. But direct action like this against a bishop whom I understand to be well respected there, is likely to push out the orthodox congregations. And without congregations, there is no TEC.
4. And +Martins! ACNA has many congregations in northern Illinois, especially around Chicago, and Quincy in the west. But they don’t seem to have anything in the south. Again, the most likely explanation for this is that +Martins’ orthodoxy has meant that orthodox believers have been able to worship in TEC churches without fear. But Mrs Schori’s actions could well have the effect of handing the rest of Illinois to ACNA on a plate.
5. Both the ordinary and suffragan in Dallas. TEC has steadfastly and stupidly been working to lose the entirety of Texas for several years now. I suppose this is just one more piece in the puzzle.
Katherine Schori, Stacy Sauls and David Booth Beers must love ACNA, with a true deep and abiding love. They are certainly doing their best to make it grow!
November 14, 6:17 pm | [comment link]
9. RalphM wrote:
My adjectives for this woman would surely get me booted, so I’ll just pray for those still in the episcopal church.
November 14, 7:33 pm | [comment link]
10. Cennydd13 wrote:
I’ll just put it this way: The sheer stupidity of all of this stuff is absolutely beyond belief! Yet, knowing where it comes from, none of it is surprising.
November 14, 8:14 pm | [comment link]
© 2013 Kendall S. Harmon. All rights reserved.
For original material from Titusonenine (such as articles and commentary by Dr. Harmon) permission to copy and distribute free of charge is granted, provided this notice, the logo, and the web site address are visible on all copies. For permission for use in for-profit publications, please email KSHarmon[at]mindspring[dot]com
<< Back to main page
<< Return to Mobile view (headlines)