Dr. Van De Water assumed active charge of the Parish on the date fixed, January 1st, 1888....We had called a young and able Rector to take charge of us, and “the people had a mind to work” with right good will.Read it all.
It may be interesting to give some approximate figures of the Parish as they were recorded at the opening of the year 1888.
Number of families - 475
Number of Communicants - 1,000
Sunday scholars - 1,050
Debt on the Church, at 5 per cent - $43,500
Filed under: * Anglican - Episcopal Episcopal Church (TEC) * Christian Life / Church Life Church History Parish Ministry Ministry of the Ordained * Culture-Watch History Religion & Culture
Posted January 15, 2013 at 8:50 am
To comment on this article: Go to Article ViewThe URL for this article is http://www.kendallharmon.net/t19/index.php/t19/article/47183/
© 2013 Kendall S. Harmon. All rights reserved.
For original material from Titusonenine (such as articles and commentary by Dr. Harmon) permission to copy and distribute free of charge is granted, provided this notice, the logo, and the web site address are visible on all copies. For permission for use in for-profit publications, please email KSHarmon[at]mindspring[dot]com
<< Return to Mobile view (headlines)